Miraz Light At Work Photography




How to create a banner/ bunting for less than $5 | Atlanta, Roswell, Canton, Alpharetta GA Newborn and Children's photographer

Everyone these days uses a banner or bunting as a photo prop in a shoot. However, depending on the banner, it could cost anywhere from $20 to $40 including shipping. I came across a neat idea of how to make my own banner and thought I'd share it with you.

What you will need :
- Scrapbooking paper - 6-7 sheets depending on how many flags you need in the banner
- Scissors (if you have one with scalloped edges, even better!)
- Hot glue
- Ribbon about 5 to 5 1/2 feet in length.

Now to make the banner
I bought my scrapbook sheets at my local Hobby Lobby. The original price was $0.40 (I think) per sheet. However, I bought it at 50% off. Lucky me ! I've got a ton of craft stuff always lying around so I used an existing piece of ribbon that was 5 1/2 feet long. So I really didn't have to go out and buy ribbon. However, you could easily get a 5 feet ribbon for less than $3 at the store.

Take your scrapbook paper and draw a triangle on it. I like to make mine an isosceles triangle. ie have two sides the same length. Like so

I admit I forgot to take a picture before I cut out the triangle, but I'm sure you get the idea.

The next step would be to cut the triangle out. I used a pair of scissors with scalloped edges to make the banner look nicer but a straight edged scissor will work just fine.


If you notice, only the sides of my isosceles triangle have the scalloped edges and not the base. The reason for that is, the base is not going to matter once you attach these to your ribbon.

Repeat the step above where you cut a triangle, this time with a different scrapbook paper. It helps to get papers with matching shades of atleast one of the colors but if not, try to co-ordinate it by having a similar pattern eg circles or stripes. I used the following paper



Finally hotglue each of these triangles onto your ribbon. Make sure that you place them alternating so that no two triangles next to each other are the same. And ta-da ! You have a banner for less than $5 !!

Here's the finished product in use ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment